Friday 13 January 2012

Aillidh

My friend's little eight year old girl has been bravely fighting Acute Myeloid Leukaemia and needs a bone marrow transplant.

We ask that people sign up to the Anthony Nolan Trust, especially men between 18 and 30. Someone may be a match for Aillidh.

The Farmer and I are too old at over 50 although the stem cells from our son's birth cord were donated only four years ago. Please look at the Anthony Nolan website to see how you can help.

Aillidh is beautiful, smart and has a wonderful sense of humour.

Her illness came out of the blue yet can be helped.

God bless the child and help her to get better. God bless her parents, siblings and grandparents. Give them all strength.

5 comments:

  1. Poor wee soul, hope she gets the help she needs.
    :)L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall ask The Ragazzo to consider signing up, I know he would help if it were at all possible...

    and my thoughts and prayers are with the little girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've heard about this little girl. I hope she finds what she needs. I'm officially useless for blood and bone marrow transplant after everything I have had the last few years. Lots of love and stregth to your friends, and well done for posting on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The great thing is that her illness can be helped...thank goodness for medical advances which can harness people's willingness to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raising awareness to help Aillidh and others is so important.

    Thank you all for your replies and for looking at the Anthony Nolan website. Sorry there was not a direct link but I could not get it to work.

    ReplyDelete