Wednesday 26 March 2014

Be careful what you wish for....

There has not been a night where I have not prayed for my family before going to sleep.
I will pray to anyone who will listen, God, Buddha, Great Spirit and include prayers for those in need of prayer.
I have prayed nightly for a roof and clean water too. Lately, I have been asking for a few slates to patch up the worst of the holes.

It seems my prayers were answered but with a TransAtlantic slant.

I have shingles!

So here we go, Dear God, Buddha, Great Spirit,
Bless and care for all who need your help, watch over them, help and protect them and please provide us with roof slates, roof shingles if you are an American deity and not the trigeminal nerve type of shingle which is a bit sore.

Thank you, Amen.

7 comments:

  1. Shingles!
    The Almighty must be on Google Translate!
    Horrible stuff...my mother and my husband have had bouts over the last couple of years and in each case one round of shingles was quite enough!


    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, the fly in the web!
    The Almighty being on Google Translate made me laugh. I am miserable with faceache and am doing battle royal with BT. Karma! I must have been a laird in a past life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just make sure you continue to insert the word ROOF before the slates on your nightly communications - I dread to think what you would end up with next. I do hope the shingles leave you shortly hen you can get back to the main issues that life seems ready to chuck at you all too often

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, awemastuff, ROOF will be articulated loudly and clearly but I'm blaming my Ross-shire accent. It could have been worse, we could have been plagued by slaters (the wee scuttling about type) so someone is listening.
    Sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nasty. I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How horrid for you. Maybe it's been caused by stress. My mother-in-law had it, and although she wasn't one to make a fuss, she said it really was very painful. Do hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you :)
    My GP felt it was stress induced, that our circumstances on this farm under these conditions were likely to have an affect on the immune system. Years of tolerating poor conditions have finally caught up and I feel very tired.
    It is sore but my doctor has given me strong painkillers.

    The complete cure would be a roof, clean water and an end to feudal type land ownership but in the meantime, I'll settle for a hot water bottle, (clean) water and lots of sleep.

    ReplyDelete